Strong family relationships are permeated with expressions of appreciation and affection. They let each other know that on a daily basis that each is appreciated but with an added ingredient- real and genuine feelings, “from the heart”.
Appreciation & Affection has six (6) secrets to cultivation*:
- Dig for Diamonds- find those hidden qualities in each other
- Affirm Your Children Verbally
- Expect Your Children to be Affectionate & Appreciative
- Share Humor & Playfulness
- Purposely Encourage Affection & Appreciation
*Adapted from Fantastic Families by Dr. Nick & Nancy Stinnett and Joe & Alice Beam