Strong families spend immense amounts of time together which leads to opportunities to communicate, nurture relationships, minimizes isolation, loneliness and alienation and provides a family identity. Time is one of the greatest gifts we can give to each other.
Time Together Guidelines*:
- Abundant but not Stifling- allows for individualism
- Planned but not Mechanical- no goal but to be together
- Serendipity- finding good things that were not sought
- Quality & Quantity Time Together Includes: Eat Meals; Do House & Yard Chores; Play; Enjoy Religious, Club, School Activities; Special Events; Do Nothing in Particular
* Adapted from Fantastic Families by Dr. Nick & Nancy Stinnett and Joe & Alice Beam
Next: How do you use your time?